Friday, December 18, 2009

All I want for Christmas....

Are my TWO front TEETH!! Kate: CHECK!
(Sorry, no photo...She's a bit of tease when it comes to a photo of her pearly whites...we love it.)

Some of our recent Kate Smiles......

* Kate is my little LaughBucket! She loads up our days with smiles. She happily chants "Ma-Ma" and " Da Da Da Da DA!" all day long. The girl cracks herself up and for some reason she finds her parents hilarious...We are totally eating this up currently. :)

* Katers been our little 'bear-cub' since day one. (Chris and I had the great chance to hold an actual bear cub only weeks before we got our Katers. Every bit of her newborn nature reminded us of the cub we held.)Today, we knew she truly was our "bear-cub" when at Cabela's she pointed her tiny, yet long index finger at a life-sized stuffed bear and in her excited baby voice said, "Beaaaarrrr Beaaarrrr"

*Stair crawling has begun, and K8 is happy with her accomplishments. Currently she's begging her parents for carpeted stairs....

* Yesterday Chris bought Kate a darling Snowman t-shirt with matching socks. When he got home he was anxious to show Kate the goods he had bought for her. Today, Chris was off at work and I went to change Kate mid afternoon. I grabbed her new shirt and put it on her while she held the socks. She was so gitty holding her new socks and kept saying " Da Da DADA, da da, DADA" Yes, sweetie.....those are from DaDa!

* This week Kate scored her first forehead bruise from attempting to stand solo. The girl pulls herself up on everything and she's convinced to get that standing thing down.

* K8 has a sweet appreciation for music and starts to bounce up and down, often to the beat. (She sure didn't get the rhythm from her mama) A video of this will need to be posted...it'll crack you up and melt your heart all at once.

* My days of making/buying baby food are coming to an end! The Katers prefers to eat like a two year old. Although most think she looks like a 5 month old....go figure. I want her metabolism and youthfulness.

And the smiles continue.......

4 comments:

Kate said...

:)

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for her saying Bear. She was so excited to see the stuffed Bear. I do think she is gaining weight, because when you carry her around she sure gets heavy. we love you little Kate

geri said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

I wish you all a Happy New Year. I know that 2010 will be filled with lots of adventure and happy moments with Kate. She is so adorable and so much fun to watch progress. I am truly lucky to have her for a granddaughter.
Mj