HOME repairs = Life as we know it
The before and after shots of this old house will certainly be worth it.... stay tuned!
After spending the weekend working on our new (yet, so very old) house here's what made the accomplishments list this weekend:* All of the wallpaper: removed!! (Praise be to people who DO NOT paint over wallpaper, and shame on those who do, and PS...wallpaper on the ceiling--why?)
* All of the basement carpet: REMOVED!
* Kate's room and upstairs master: ready to be taped
* Kitchen appliances all removed: ready for floor removal
* "Why aren't the Sprinklers working?" question: answered (Thanks Andy & Ben)
Special thanks to Mrs. & Mr. C and my kid brother Andrew for their help, and others for a good BBQ break. And of course thanks to Kate's grandma's for caring for her while we worked.
Trust us Kate, we would have much rather played with you!!
PS...we've recently decided that all house tours cost one hour of manually labor.
Ha ha..okay not really.....but if your bored.... :)
In other news....
our love, Kate Mackenzie received her blessing last Sunday. Thanks Chris for doing the honor, and thanks Mrs. C for making the dress.

The cute dress was complete with part of my very own wedding dress...sweet!
We were happy to have great family and friends around for the fun.
Kate felt honored when her friend Hazel came all the way from Maryland to meet her! Okay....not really...but still..
Both girls took time to show of their toes...and their tongues
This was Kate's gitty excitement after meeting Hazel, and before we told her Hazel lives in Maryland. :( We miss you already Hazel! Hopefully our next play-date won't be too far away!
Trust us Kate, we would have much rather played with you!!PS...we've recently decided that all house tours cost one hour of manually labor.
Ha ha..okay not really.....but if your bored.... :)
In other news....
our love, Kate Mackenzie received her blessing last Sunday. Thanks Chris for doing the honor, and thanks Mrs. C for making the dress.

The cute dress was complete with part of my very own wedding dress...sweet!We were happy to have great family and friends around for the fun.
Kate felt honored when her friend Hazel came all the way from Maryland to meet her! Okay....not really...but still..
Both girls took time to show of their toes...and their tongues
This was Kate's gitty excitement after meeting Hazel, and before we told her Hazel lives in Maryland. :( We miss you already Hazel! Hopefully our next play-date won't be too far away!
14 comments:
Yeah!!!! We are so excited for you guys. We would take you up on that tour/manual labor offer but we are closing tomorrow...so we will be getting a house butt kicking ourselves!
Kate,
I'm really glad I could be at your blessing, aren't dad's cool? You looked really cute in your white dress. That's pretty cool your parents are fixing up their house ALL for you. My mom tells me they did some work before I came along, but I'm pretty sure they still have more to do :) I told her I'd like to come out for a tour and help, my drool is pretty powerful, it probably would have been helpful in wallpaper removal. I don't think we got to play enough, so I talked my mom and dad into flying me out in November. Want to play?
-Hazel
What fun! Kate is SO cute. What a neat dress, too!
T! WOWZERS! Looks like you guys have been hard at work! As soon as I get back to SLC, sign me up for tours/labor! And Kate's dress is adorable! What part(s) came from the dress???
Continued luck with the house stuff! love you guys!
Kate's blessing dress is beautiful. I love that it's made from your wedding dress...so cool! Congrats on your house. I think it would be fun to fix up a house...I wish I knew more about how to do some of that stuff. Wallpaper on the ceiling-never heard of that one, but it's gone now :)
The house is going to be great! A lot of work but you will be so happy when its done. Then you'll have to have us over for BBQ's! Let us kno if you need help with anything.
Congratulations on the home purchase. Home ownership definitely rocks, even when there are home improvement projects that never seem to get done!
Watching Kate is pure joy. I am looking forward to watching here again.
Love
Grandma Freimann
I've been waiting so patiently for these pictures to be posted. and here they are. they do not disappoint. I love that little Kate McK... and Mrs. C the Blessing dress turned out fantastically!
love you all. p.s. the house wow you should have really contacted this old house!!!!!
We TOTALLY feel your pain! We have painted seven rooms in our house. My favorite are the two "tropical pool" (aka VERY BLUE) rooms that were painted in high gloss on all four walls plus ceiling! Who does that?
Really cute pics of Kate!!!! She looks so cute - her face is filled out and her cheeks are ADORABLE!!! The bottom pic of her next to Hazel - where she is looking a bit to the side with her tongue out a bit and the little dimple - she looks JUST LIKE CHRIS looks in the pic of him where he is in a little blue and white football outfit - I think he has a little football in the pic. You should see if you can find the pic at moms and compare.
Love you guys!!!
sweet blessing dress on a sweet girl! Wow- wallpaper everywhere!
Thanks for spending part of your "need to work on the house time" on our tour. All your hard work will pay off in a wonderful home for your family. I can not believe wallpaper on the ceiling, ugh!
-Jo
So cute pictures...
photographer is awesome!!!
___________________
Melvin
Get Payday Loan in 4 easy steps
Post a Comment