Where did our week go!? Or rather where did it all begin? Oh, right....Sunday night at a family birthday party. (Sorry Mrs. C!) After attending the temple dedication, I suddenly had a great onset of back pain. "You're in LABOR!" was the classic line expressed by the fam. Chris and I were doubtful, and went home to lay down and relax.
30 minutes later the back pain was far too much, and we (okay...Chris) quickly packed up for the hospital. Labor?! No...it couldn't be!
We got checked into Labor and Delivery and the onset of tests began....
Were these contractions real? Was baby girl on her way? Why was my lower back pain so strong? Are they just going to send us home and say come back later? This isn't labor is it??? Wow, is it really already 2 AM!?

Little did Chris & I know...our week at the hospital had just begun!
All my tests came back:
"Kidney Infection, let's keep you a couple of days."
So after 4 days bored in a hospital, we came home grateful for many things. Our top 4...
* We are grateful for great friends and family~Thanks for the visits, the calls, the flowers, the good wishes
* We are grateful for our healthy baby girl and we are anxiously awaiting her arrival
* We are grateful for modern medicine and concerned doctors and nurses
* We are grateful for our faith and the amazing power of blessings
~
Aside from the shots, the IV's, the painful contractions, the strong back pain, the lack of sleep, and everything else that comes with a hospital experience, the BEST PART of our visit was simple....
The pure joy of hearing baby girl's heartbeat everyday on the monitor and watching her move her precious body all around my stomach.
Those moments are priceless....we love ya baby girl! We'll see ya soon!:)


11 comments:
Ween, I'm so sorry you've been in the hospital! I hope you're feeling much, much better. I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your baby shower, but send me your address sometime and I will make sure baby girl gets a one of a kind present. Also, I know you're pretty busy what with life and your recovering kidneys and preparing for a child and all, but I think maybe you should post more preg-o pictures, because you are adorable and I don't get to see you enough. Love ya!
Glad it all turned out okay and you are at home again!
Love you Weiner! Glad that you made it through the longest hospital visit ever (at least for now)! I can't wait for baby girl to make her real arrival and not fake me out!
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear you were sick! I'm glad you and the baby are ok.
Shots, IV's, contractions, and lack of sleep??? It was just a practice round for when baby girl really decides to come :)
You got me all excited that little Christine had shown up :) I hope everything is going well now. Doesn't sound like much fun!
Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I had no idea...guess that's what I get for always ditching church. :)
I'm glad that everything is okay. Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you.
Yikes, as if being pregnant wasn't enough! Your a trooper to keep a smile on your face. Glad everything is going better!
Wein- you poor thing! I'm so sorry you were in the hospital. As one who had back labor- I wish you anything BUT that when the time does come!! Can't wait to see the baby girl!
ouchie! 4 days- that's longer than if you had delivered! glad you are feeling better!
Scary to have that all happen while being pregnant. I probably would have thought I was in labor too. I am glad to hear you are feeling better!
Post a Comment