Chris and I aren't huge cat fans, although one cat has always stuck our fancy. This cat was always much more dog-like than he ever was cat-like. And so we affectionately called him "Boomer-Dawg."
He was a gift given to my mother 3 years ago by my sisser. My mom was certain that this cat was not staying. Although being the good mom that she is, she instantly gave in to the tender mercies of my soft heart. The cat was to stay until another home was found. The neighbors wanted to give the cat to their grandfather for his birthday gift. Perfect. A good home! We just had to care for the new kitten until the grandfather's birthday: one week. Well,
the birthday came, and the cat was gone. Until, the grandfather got a dog from his wife, and so the cat came back. My mom did not welcome his return and again sought out a new home for the little fur ball. Next stop, my brothers house. I was asked to deliver said kitten to his house and he would give him to a family friend. I arrived late one evening at my brother's house with the kitten in hand. My brother was not home, however,serveral of his friends were gathered in his living room. None of them knew of the kitten drop-off, and so they all paid very little attention to my new small four legged friend. I drove home feeling horrible. I had spent the last week bonding with this innocent little kitten and then suddenly abandoned him in a house of strangers. By the time I got home I was in tears.
My awesome mom understands my heart, and woke me up an hour later, saying "Come on, let's go get your cat!" And so we did. At nearly 1:00AM my mother drove me to my brother's home and re-claimed our kitten. We laugh about his "boomerang" entrance into our family, but we know that's where he was meant to be after all.
Our furry pal Boomer was run over by a car recently. He stood strong and held in there like a champ! Sill running around, eating bugs, playing fetch, and being the adventerous dog-like animal that he was. Although, sadly, his body wasn't keeping up, and internally he was failing to recover. So, with sadness we had to say good-bye to our Boomer Dawg.
Luckily Chris and I knew this was coming, so we recently spent sometime being enterained by Boomer. My nephew Marcus and I loaded him up with lots of treats, and Chris caught moths for him to chase around the house and eventually eat. (this is by far his favorite past-time!) This last picture of Boom is a perfect one! Please note the huge grin after eating his last moth!



6 comments:
Sorry about your kitty!
SO SAD! Poor little boomer:( love you guys!
So sorry about the Boomster, T. I loved that furry little stinker.
So sad for little kitten (even though I don't like cats). Maybe you can find a replacement!
Here are some hugs from TEXAS!!!! Sorry to hear about Boomer! It is hard when you loose a furry friend. Maybe you can come visit our new furry friend sometime...Grandpa almost brought Bella home with him! We love you! Anne & the family :)
I did love that boomer. He was crazy! Spraying him with the water was my favorite past time.
Post a Comment