Saturday, February 23, 2008

The thickest ice we've ever seen....

As we await the much anticipated summer fly-fishing we take to the ice.... the very, very, very deep ice of Jordanalle.

Please note the extreme depth to which Chris has our auger into the ice..
And yet Justin had to push it just a little bit further....shall we ever see water???

Ahhh....YES!!! Jackpot!
We have arrived. Fish on!
Wait! What's this? Sleep on?
Where are all the fish you ask?
Well.....we would like to know the SAME thing!!
Although we only saw ONE fish, we did see a beautiful Golden Eagle (no picture, sorry!) and at least 100 bajillion deer!!!
Thanks for coming with us Justin!
Until we get 'em in the Spring....FISH ON!!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

FUN! That is some serious ice! Way to catch the fish Chris...guess since I wasn't there to do so you had to take my place. We should plan a day to go fishin'! Love you guys!

geri said...

Ah, ice-fishing. Such wonderful fish-less memories! Just teasin' we had a blast when we went last year. Enjoy the ice. I'll enjoy my balmy weather. hehehe.

Kristol said...

Looks too cold for me! Plus the ice makes me nervous...that I'm going to fall in or something. I'll leave the ice fishing to the Cutlers!

jamie lynette said...

Ice fishing is HUGE here in NH. I think you guys should come check it out. Especially since you have practice!

Glad to see you're having fun!

Ken Hoglund said...

Okay so next time you guys go fishing out on the frozen lake you have to call me ... cause I wanna go!!!! Geeees that's what cousins are for you know ... HANGING OUT!