Saturday, December 3, 2011

Goodbye Mr. Pine

Wednesday night was a windy one.
Howling, Loud, Strong, winds.
Did I mention, Strong?
Yep. Super Strong Winds...
So strong that we woke up to this:
Our poor Mr. Pine was laying on his side.
(Normally he stands 60 feet straight up pointing to heaven)
Not today.
So luckily for us we have some really cool friends.
REALLY cool friends.
Saturday came and so did our REALLY cool friends....
Ally-bean and Carlynne came to watch our girls so I could work (thank you!)
Chris and I stocked up with drinks, donuts, pizza, safety goggles, earplugs, working gloves AND Chris' early birthday present; a brand new Chainsaw!! (just the present he wanted I am sure...)
The clock hit 1:00 PM and we were ready!

Mr. Pine had fallen over our fence and so only 3 feet of it was on our property, the other 57+ feet of Mr. Pine was laying in our neighbors backyard (Luckily they are really cool neighbors). So, we headed over to our neighbors yard to begin our task.
As Chris revved up his new toy..here came our friends!
(please note the super beautiful mountain behind Chris! Nope, not a painting it's real. Beautiful, huh?)
The first REALLY cool friend to arrive was Mr. Ry-Guy Lumberjack!
And along with him, came Branch Tossing Super Strong Peter B!
Already there was Gramps, and he started cutting up the big branches. Thanks Grandpa C!
By 1:44 PM we were moving right along and then some more SUPER cool friends arrived! Scott, Terri & Stephen B, Clarke N, Uncle Frank & Uncle Flint...
We went from fast to cruising!
We couldn't keep up with each other!
Oh and don't forget my sweet friend Natalie, she came too! Love her!
Before long our backyard was 'somewhat' back together and our front yard became a huge pile of what was at one point, Mr. Pine
At one point, around 5 PM, I passed Chris during one of our last hauls up the driveway.
He gave me a huge hug as we both said, "We have awesome friends."
It's true.
A.W.E.S.O.M.E
THANK YOU- THANK YOU- THANK YOU!!!

Now, I know it's sad to say good-bye to Mr. Pine, but say hello to Lil' Pine...
This here is the very tippy top of Mr. Pine.
He used to have a sweet view of the valley...but now he has a sweet view of our house, because...
He's our new CHRISTMAS tree!!
A little Charlie Brown'ish, but certainly nostalgic!!
Welcome Lil' Pine! Welcome!

7 comments:

Anne said...

Love lil pine!! What a cute Christmas tree!! Glad you had lots of friends show up! Did the neighbor's trampoline survive? Hopefully the rest of the winter will be calm and cozy!! :) Did you save any of Mr Pine for firewood? Have a great week!!! :)

Kate said...

Just be glad Mr. Pine didn't land on your house. And I love your Christmas tree. :)

t.t.turner said...

Genius! Best Christmas tree ever! So glad you guys are okay.

Maren said...

Wow. Looks like a busy work day. Thank goodness for that early b-day present. A Christmas tree to remember!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you have so many great friends and family. will the city clean up the front yard.

love mom

Lance n Amber said...

I love this! I love that you made him your Christmas tree!

Ken Hoglund said...

Lucky it only laid on the neighbor's yard and not a house ... yikes ... scary! I like how you guys kept it for the Christmas tree - cool memory!