Reason # 2,895,341 why I love Kate Mackenzie:
Chris and I had some chores to do around the house.
The girls were down for their naps; Kate in her bedroom, Lucy in hers.
We grabbed our tools and began working in the front yard.
After awhile I put my rake down and headed in to check on our girls.
I walked in the house and heard Lucy crying ever so faintly. As I got closer I instantly began to smile. I walked back out and grabbed Chris to come see.
Lucy-Goosey was in her crib crying.
Kater-bug was crawled up in the glider right next to the crib.
In her lap she had the book, Elmo's Potty Time, but she was "reading" There's a Mouse in the House
With each page that she turned her sweet little eyes looked over her baby sis as she said,
"It's okay Lucy. Mommy's coming,"
and,
"shhhh... shhhhh.... It's okay honey, it's okay,"
and,
"hang on Lucy, it's okay,"
All while she held an empty bottle (which she must of got from the kitchen! :)) and a bink to her mouth
Oh, the tender acts of love that Kate has towards Lucy.
I hope they'll always be the best of buds.
Chris and I had some chores to do around the house.
The girls were down for their naps; Kate in her bedroom, Lucy in hers.
We grabbed our tools and began working in the front yard.
After awhile I put my rake down and headed in to check on our girls.
I walked in the house and heard Lucy crying ever so faintly. As I got closer I instantly began to smile. I walked back out and grabbed Chris to come see.
Lucy-Goosey was in her crib crying.
Kater-bug was crawled up in the glider right next to the crib.
In her lap she had the book, Elmo's Potty Time, but she was "reading" There's a Mouse in the House
With each page that she turned her sweet little eyes looked over her baby sis as she said,
"It's okay Lucy. Mommy's coming,"
and,
"shhhh... shhhhh.... It's okay honey, it's okay,"
and,
"hang on Lucy, it's okay,"
All while she held an empty bottle (which she must of got from the kitchen! :)) and a bink to her mouth
Oh, the tender acts of love that Kate has towards Lucy.
I hope they'll always be the best of buds.
4 comments:
Kate is taking after her cousin,Emma, who has found her favorite hiding place under the kitchen sink
That is SO sweet!
What a sweet big sister!! :)
My heart melted too!
Post a Comment