Saturday, August 27, 2011

Surprise!!

We decided to celebrate Lucy's two week birthday out of state.
So on a random, very last minute decision we left town.


For the first time ever, these tiny, precious toes geared up for their first road trip!



So where did we go?
Well, it's like this...
I have two amazingly awesome best friends.
I call them my "A-team"
To have one member of the A-team as a BFF; one would be perceived as blessed.
To have both members of the A-team as BFF's; one would be perceived as spoiled.
I am spoiled.


And so we journeyed (honestly...have you seen our car?) over mountains, and rolling hills, along endless roads to surprise a special BFF.....


Finally, at 4 AM we had arrived.
It should be noted that my BFF's husband is awesome and not only agreed to my crazy, last minute surprise, but he also stayed awake the whole night texting for road updates. Then when we finally arrived he sneaked out of the house to greet us with open arms. He even helped carry in our bags, and then he so kindly went to drag his wife out of bed with some outrageous story of why he needed to go to work on a Saturday morning and how she needed to get up and come talk about it with him in the living room. And then...SURPRISE!!!

(and no...as much as we would like this to be our 4 AM photo...it's not. Naturally we were all a little tired looking at the early hour)

I love this couple. Love. Love. Love. Love them!
P.S. -Thanks for lying to your wife for me Jar. I owe you.

Luckily my BFF lives close to her family, aka, my adopted family.
It was great to see them.
I miss them.
I love them.
It was only fitting for Lucy to meet them.









We had a fun weekend of shopping, hiking, football game attending, story telling, laughing, helicopter watching, laughing, having fun, smiling, hanging out, etc..
To put it simply: Monday came all too soon!


We loved our random last minute trip to visit our super awesome friends!

So, Ash & Jar: Thank you for letting us crash your house without any notice! You guys pretty much are the greatest and we loved hanging out with you! We heart you both.
Sadie Dog: Thanks for letting Kate love on you 24/7.
Colorado: Thanks for being in reach!
Kate & Lucy: Thanks for being the best road trip'n girls we know! You girls are fantastic on the road. Thanks for being patient, and cheerful.

We did it. We survived our first road trip as a family of four.
Now, if only PA wasn't so far away...

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I love it and mostly....I LOVE YOU!!! Thanks for coming and surprising us. We miss you terribly and can't wait for the next surprise or planned visit! :)

Anne said...

Too bad LA is so far away too!!! :)

Glad you had a fun trip!! :)

Lance n Amber said...

Your "A Team?" I have never heard you say that before. You crack me up so bad!

I wish PA was closer too! Miss you and Love you so much!