Friday, October 22, 2010

Love'n the Katerbug!

I thought the beginning days of motherhood were awesome....
little did I know...
It gets better...and better everyday!

I love Kate. I love every minute of everyday I spend with her.
I love having conversations with her. I love asking her questions and hearing her answer appropriately. I love hearing her sing.

Today in the car she was excited to see a 18 wheeler drive past us. It was one of the big ones with three trailers...... "Mama!!! BIG choo-choo!!!!!"

Anytime she catches Chris or I cleaning up around the house she is eager to ask, "Help???" and which point she gets a paper towel and starts wiping down everything in sight....the walls, the floors, her toys, our shoes......she's the best!

I love that her teachers tell me how polite she is. It melts my heart to hear her say, " Dank-You MaMa" whenever I help her.

She loves to play. And she plays hard.

I love her passion for shoes. She's a girl. A real girl.

Daddy is her best friend. Mine too.

I love that everyday starts and ends with a smile. A big smile, with two huge "craters."

I love that she knows what "put your toys away and go get your shoes please" means.

Kisses are for both cheeks. Always Two! I love that.

Laughing is a daily event. Actually, hourly. We all love that.

I love my Kate hugs.

I love that after school she wants to call Daddy, and she knows how to reach him. "Dada. Hi. Where'd you go?"

I love that she went through a haunted corn maze last week. "3X's bigger 3X's Scarier than last year" the sign said.......she said "Hi, baby" to all the scary guys.

I love that she knows what a touch-down is in football. She claps every time. Sometimes even before the call has been made. She's smart like her daddy. I love that.

I love that she helps water my flowers and says "Hi" to all the cars that drive past our house.

I just love her.

Pretty sure I'll love her even more tomorrow.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, man, I'm dying over her saying" Hi, baby" to all the scary haunted house guys! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

I must agree she is adorable, I am not prejustice at all. She is so much fun to be around and she is always so polite. I am so happy she will finally take my hand to go find toys.
I do know she has a great nose, she can find the candy dish whereever I hid it. I am a very lucky grandmother to have her for a granddaughter. Can't wait to see her in her Halloween costume. Thanks for going to Thanksgiving Point with Allison and me, it was a lot of fun to see the expressions on Kate's cute face