Sunday, September 19, 2010

c a m p i n g....

Is the best! Especially in your own backyard. To enjoy Labor Day weekend, we set up camp in our backyard. Complete with a campfire and mallow roasting! It was a fun night. Slightly chilly, but still fun. Chris and I laughed as we made the trek back to the house the next morning...The air was crisp and the walk long enough it felt like real camping. Kate ate up every minute of it. (Sadly this is the only photo I grabbed and it's off my phone...so obviously it's not grand.)

Kate begged us to keep the tent up....so we left it up for a few days. She enjoyed many naps out back and loved taking her books out in the tent. It was cute to watch her lay down and read. It's become her own private little playroom.
We've also been busy road trip'n it all around the state so I can attend classes for work. Come November 6th I will be done and fully certified! yes!

Katerbug updates: Wow~she is getting super big and she never fails to impress us with her skills. She has a large vocabulary (if she warms up to you enough to share it) and is loving every minute of todlerhood. She's always on the go! This weekend she enjoyed some time on the beach at Bear Lake! After we loaded up the car after playing at the beach she asked me for a hamburger. As we drove out of the beach we decided we'd wait just a little longer to eat so we could meet up with some friends at the shake and burger place. As I drove past the place Kate instantly started crying! She kept saying, "MaMa Hamburger...Hamburger Mama!" I asked her if she wanted one and she matter-of-factly said "peeeese." Everyone else decided they were good to eat now too, so I turned the car around and pulled into the Shake and Burger place. Kate instantly stopped crying and in her tiny little voice said, "dank- you mama" as she started to unbuckle her carseat. Sure enough, she ate her burger and loved her raspberry shake! And we love her! Her teacher at school says she is always concerned about the well-being of those in her class. If someone gets hurt she is always concerned until they are better. She has a tender little heart that we just adore. While outside she is always the first one to notice an airplane flying over (wonder why... :)). She pretty much finds joy in everything she does...we could not ask for a happier, sweeter, more perfect little girl!

Obviously, I am in need of serious blogging, but honestly, we've just been too busy! Plus, it's just not as fun blogging while still camera-less! Along those lines though...our detective has been working our case and we were able to help give him a big lead--we've hopeful they catch our robbers soon! I doubt they'd still have our goods...but atleast they'd be caught!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wein! This weekend was so busy for me, I didn't even have time to tell you I was too busy to hang this weekend. I'm so sorry! Next weekend looks pretty good for me though, I just have a thing Saturday night. Let me know if you still want to get together, cause that would be amazingly awesome. Love you!

Anne said...

What a cute little girl!!! Glad you had a fun camping night in the backyard. Andrew and Thomas tried it Friday night, but they ended up camping in the family room...still too warm outside for camping.

We miss you! Love, Anne & the family :)

Lance n Amber said...

Oh how I miss you guys! We'll see you soon!!

Anonymous said...

tarina! it has been forever. i can't believe how big Kate is. she is so cute. i'm sorry you got broken into that sucks. looks like all is well, miss you guys.