Kate's birthday is C O M I N G ! Yah.
..Until then, enjoy several Katerbug smiles (and frowns) as of recent..
* Kate loves stuffed animals. I was determined to never "collect" them as a parent-->hello clutter. The girl has changed me. She loves each of her stuffed friends equally. They get more hugs than anyone.* Noted in the photo above: Ute Fan. Extreme. Ute. Fan.
* The lovebug could watch goats all day. Same with the stingrays at the aquarium. Although, instead of watching, Kate would prefer to climb in and play with all her animal pals. Luckily, that has yet to happen.

* A few weeks ago Chris taught Kate that puppies say, "Ruff, Ruff, Ruff!" She loves it. Last week while out for a run I stopped to let Kate see a kitty on someones driveway. Me: " Look Kate! A kitty!" Kate: "Ruff Ruff Ruff"
* Kate loves to tease. She'll proudly take off her shoes and socks....just to get her tease in. Then, she'll lovely try to put them back on.
* Along the teasing line....A few weeks ago Kate stood solo. Today, it's a game. She'll stand only long enough to crack herself up with laughter, then down she goes with a satisfied smile.
* Chris always beats us home from work. This Kate knows. The whole way home from nanny life, I hear her chant, "D a D a DaDa D a D a" Once we hit the driveway the chant quickens, "DaDaDaDaDADADADA"
* Kate loves to pet. Dogs. Cats. This week: Baby black BEAR cubs. Honestly.
* Hanging upside down is fun. (Why again wasn't that fun in mom's tummy?)
* Now a stair-master she begs to go up and down. Mostly down.

* Little Einsteins and Sports are Kate's only TV selections. Phew.
* " A L L I G a T o R" yep. She can say it. On Demand? Ha! Rarely. Again....a tease.
* I always hear the "DaDa" chant. This weekend Kate decided to melt my heart and when Dad said, "No." She screamed "I wannnt Maaaaaa Ma."
* Just yesterday we asked ourselves..."Is she one, or two?! or 13?!" Can 11 month old babies throw tantrums? Yes.
* Kate had her first taste of B L O O D :( Top teeth are great for eating...but not great against tile floors. Blood, tears, big fat lip, and chipped tooth were all calmed by a Popsicle and Little Einsteins. :) Her friends Noah & Isabella helped too. Such good buddies! We love them.

* ASL signs currently being signed by Katers: More, Milk, Want, Water, Dog
* Our new love: Kate's new stroller.....Ah, Delight by all. Thank you Maclaren.
* Clapping is fun.
* Kate apparently has high self-esteem. If she does something well she will stop to clap for herself, and sometimes we'll even hear the muffled, "good girl."
* Rain is fun. Snow is fun. Walks in both are fun (for Kate).
* All foods thus far (minus beans) are Kate approved. Her fav's this week: Blueberries, cheese, chicken, pasta, banana, yogurt, lasagna, and jello.

* After diaper changes, (which Kate currently HATES) we always wash our hands...now Kate will do it too. It's cute how she'll rub her little hands together to motion her desire for soap!
* For fam prayer Chris and I have always battled: Rock. Paper. Scissors. Some nights, like tonight, Kate will join in. She'll predictable..always Rock.
* We recently reached a big milestone: playing with play-dough without eating it.
* So far the girls' a righty. She is beginning to like to hold markers to color. If only we could get past the coloring inside her mouth phase.
* Kate likes her muscles massaged. She'll grab your hand and beginning moving it up and down her arm or leg to let you know she'll willing to accept a massage. Can you blame her?
Yah, she's fun.
6 comments:
So excited to see that cute girl!!! (And her mom too!)
She is getting all too big! I can't believe it has been a year already! Kate- I love you! Miss you- Auntie Ash
T- you write so well, I love reading all about Kate's adventures with you and Chris.
Aw she's changing so much! How cute!
What a big girl!! A year?! Is that possible? What is going on with these kiddos?!
What an accomplished little one year old!
She also dislikes asparagus. Great pictures of our little girl. I am excited to spend her first birthday with her.
Love
Grandma Freimann
Post a Comment