Sometimes in life you meet really amazing people.They've done things in their life that just make you say, "wow."
In their presence you feel better about yourself, you feel happier, and you feel very, very loved.
Sometimes with no effort at all, they teach you really big life lessons.
When you think of goodness, strength, and compassion, you think of them.
These are the role models you wish the world knew, and the role models I pray Kate will aspire to become like.
For me, it's a joy to know amazing people, but it's truely a blessing to call them family.
With a few days off from work, Kate and I went to hang with a few of our favorites that are still sticking around...

This is Kate's
Great, GREAT Tanta (Aunt) Ruth! Oh! How we love Tanta Ruth- She is sweet beyond description and has a forgiving and generous heart. Kate loves it when Tanta Ruth talks German to her. Maybe someday she'll talk back in German like mommy does. However, I am sure Tanta Ruth will be more impressed with her German skills than her moms. ;) Kate was excited to hear that her big ol' dimples reminded Tanta Ruth of her brother Heinz..our Grandpa! Tanta Ruth kept saying that Kate reminded her of Heinz, and everytime she said that Kate flashed her a smile, as if she knew too. Grandpa Heinz died in WWII so it was touching to know that his spirit lives on in our little Katers.

Next up for a visit was Kate's
Great Opa! This visit I know brought about some smiles in Heaven. We really missed not having Ome Delila there to visit with also, but non-the-less, it was great to see our sweet Opa! His gentle love touched my heart and I think Kate already know's that he's one to look up to. Even with his eye sight fading, Opa instantly smiled as soon as he saw his " little Kate." Opa seemed to give Kate lots and lots of hugs and kisses...I think some must of been from Ome for sure! Kate loved exploring Opa's house, but most of all she loved sitting in his chair and listening to him talk while she constanly blew him kisses. :)

Kate was excited to ride home with two new bears and lots of German goodies! Thanks Tanta Ruth and Opa--you are both much too kind! XOXOXO
1 comment:
I like this picture:)
Post a Comment