Today I attended the funeral of my good friend's father. As always with the passing of a loved one, our heartstrings are pulled on a little bit harder. I felt my pull today. I was grateful that I was able to attend Alan's services and hear of the touching memories and impressions he has left on his friends and family. My appreciation and love for the gospel of Jesus Christ was certainly strengthened today. I am so grateful for the plan of salvation and the understanding it gives me. I know that it's true. I also know that Alan is in good hands (likely out riding a horse along the clouds) and we will all see him again someday. I am grateful for my friends Ashley and Jarad and for the strength they have shown during this trying time. They are tough kids strong in their fatih, and I love them for that!
Alan's daughter Ambar shared a quote to describe her father and his hard work ethic. I love this quote! "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
What a great man! Although I didn't know him very well I will always be grateful for the amazing son he raised! Love ya Jar!

1 comment:
Can I just tell you how amazing you are?! I love you so much and was so grateful to have you there! Thanks for all your love and support during the past few weeks. I can't express how much it has meant to me and Jar. We love you!!
Post a Comment